সোমবার, ১১ মার্চ, ২০১৩

Speaking, Sports, Movies, Writing and Giving ? March ... - Julie Gumm

Just a little over 3 weeks until the Embracing Orphans Adoptive/Foster Mom Retreat in beautiful Estes Park, CO. Would love to see you there. You can hear me talk about all my humiliating pride and control issues?with a dose of depression confessional to go with it :-) It?s going to be MOST awesome! (I get a quick pop in visit with my brother and his family as a bonus.) MORE INFO

?

I also just got invited to speak at a women?s event for Trinity Church in Ann Arbor, MI. Trinity and the Charis Foundation has been a World Orphans partner for years and they do an annual women?s event to raise funds. In previous years it has been a walk-a-thon. This year they?re doing an upscale boutique with all the proceeds going to WO. It?s an outreach event so I get to share our adoption story and the beautiful way it ties into Christ?s unconditional love and sacrifice.

?

Family life is busy with orthodontist appointments (Noah is our first), basketball (Beza) and Luke is about to start 3-on-3 soccer. This will be his first official soccer playing since coming home 4 years ago. He?s done flag football, basketball and baseball but, for whatever reason, hasn?t played soccer. It may be his best chance at some sort of college athletic scholarship so we?ve been gently nudging him back. One of his best friends plays in this league so that should be fun for him.

?

I?m almost done with my stint as the yearbook adviser at the kids school. We meet after school once a week and I have 4 girls and 3 boys helping out. We have about 3 weeks to get it done.

?

I?ve been having tons of fun helping promote the movie CAMP that I reviewed last week. There have been some other bloggers giving it great reviews as well ? Melanie, Jen, Jody, Mary, Christina. You can read even more at the CAMP FB page.

?

I?m working on debuting two new features on the blog. One is going to be a monthly fundraiser link up for adoptive families. The second is going to be an opportunity for adoptive/foster parents to submit anonymous guest posts in a weekly feature. I know as my children get older there are often topics I want to blog about to get advice or encouragement but I have to protect my family?s privacy. The heart behind this column is not to be a pity party but to share our hearts, to give prospective parents a real and honest glimpse into adoption and to give us a place to support each other. If you want more info on posting, you can email me at julieATjuliegummDOTcom but I?ll be posting more details soon.

?

Friday I had a great conversation with the COO of Pure Charity. Have you heard of it? Every year companies give away millions of dollars to philanthropic causes. Pure Charity is a tool which lets you decide where your dollars go. By installing the browser plugin and activating Pure Charity when you shop online with hundreds of stores, you can earn reward dollars to give to great causes. And, in a few weeks there?s going to be some exciting stuff that I can?t wait to share.

Source: http://juliegumm.com/2013/03/speaking-sports-movies-writing-and-giving-march-mind-dump/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=speaking-sports-movies-writing-and-giving-march-mind-dump

British Open MC Chris Colorado shooting suspect accuweather Finding Nemo 2 Provigil dez bryant

কোন মন্তব্য নেই:

একটি মন্তব্য পোস্ট করুন